Home>Companies

China Mobile

(China Mobile) 2016-09-30 Print Mail Share

China Mobile Limited (the "Company", and together with its subsidiaries, the "Group") was incorporated in Hong Kong on 3 September 1997. The Company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") and the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited ("HKEx" or the "Stock Exchange") on 22 October 1997 and 23 October 1997, respectively. The Company was admitted as a constituent stock of the Hang Seng Index in Hong Kong on 27 January 1998. 

As the leading telecommunications services provider in Mainland China, the Group boasts the world's largest mobile network and the world's largest mobile customer base. In 2015, the Company was once again selected as one of the "FT Global 500" companies by Financial Times and among "The World's 2,000 Biggest Public Companies" by Forbes magazine, and recognized again on the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index. Currently, the Company's corporate credit ratings are equivalent to China's sovereign credit ratings, namely, AA-/Outlook Negative from Standard & Poor's and Aa3/Outlook Negative from Moody's.

The Company operates in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities throughout Mainland China and in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

As of 31 December 2015, the Group had a total staff of 438,645, and maintained a leading position in Mainland China in terms of its 826 million customer base.

The Company's majority shareholder is China Mobile (Hong Kong) Group Limited ("CMHK (Group)"), which, as of 31 December 2015, indirectly held approximately 72.72% of the total number of issued shares of the Company through a wholly-owned subsidiary, China Mobile Hong Kong (BVI) Limited ("CMHK (BVI)"). The remaining approximately 27.28% was held by public investors.